About Back Creek
BCCA is a Christian, Classical, Learning Community
CHRISTIAN: Commitment to Truth as revealed in the presence of Jesus and the Bible
CLASSICAL: Lifelong learning rooted in the story of God and humanity
COMMUNITY: Loving cooperation secured by the image of God in one another
Back Creek Christian Academy exists to establish an intentionally diverse, Classical Learning Community in partnership with families committed to a lifetime of learning and service, guided by the presence of Jesus in attitude and action.
- We value the revelation of God as integral to holistic education.
- We value the uniqueness of all students created in the image of God.
- We value classical education predicated on the history of human thought and achievement.
- We value educational inquiry and practice that cultivate habits of informed thinking.
- We value a learning environment committed to the realization of cooperative community.
- We value supportive partnerships with families in the education of children.
We at Back Creek Christian Academy believe:
1. Back Creek Christian Academy exists to spread the Gospel to children and families (Matthew 28:18-20). We believe that children are God’s creation and that we must honor them and Him by teaching them according to God’s Word, and that all aspects of the instructional environment must be founded on the absolute truth of the Bible.
2. We believe that God’s character is revealed not only in His Word but also in every facet of the creation. Therefore, we teach that all knowledge is interrelated and can instruct us about God himself.
3. God wants us to love Him with our minds, as well as with our hearts, souls, and strength (Matthew 22:37). Therefore, we seek to individually challenge children at all levels and teach them how to learn, using a classical design that is developmentally appropriate.
4. We want to help parents teach their children that all they do should be done “heartily as unto the Lord” (Col. 3:23). Therefore, we seek to encourage high-quality academic work and maintain high standards of conduct with the understanding that as an authority we will “give account” on behalf of our students (Hebrews 13:17).
5. We believe that children should be trained to see the world from a biblical perspective. We believe that the school should partner with parents to assist students in developing personal values and intellectual scholasticism rooted in the absolute truth of God’s Word and to give them the opportunities to demonstrate these values in their interactions with others (Colossians 2:6-8; I Timothy 4:12).
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
We believe that all life should be lived under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and that every area of life can be redeemed for His glory. Those areas include, but are not limited to, marriage, human sexuality, ethical behavior, relationships and conflict resolution, purity, and humility. (Genesis 2: 18-25, 1 Corinthians 6:1-20, Galatians 5:13-26, Hebrews 13:1-4).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of humankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The Board of Directors of Back Creek Christian Academy holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
Back Creek Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the academy. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies and other school-administered programs.