“Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Back Creek Christian Academy’s International Student Program seeks to provide a Christian classical education for students of other nationalities while broadening the multi-cultural perspective of its teachers and domestic students.
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
BCCA is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, just a few miles from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The largest city in North Carolina, Charlotte offers many exiting opportunities and is only a few hours away from mountains and beaches.
Back Creek is a Christian classical school that values intentional interaction and discussion-based learning. Small class sizes and an atmosphere of community provide international students with opportunities for life-long friendships as students develop greater English proficiency. BCCA’s advanced curriculum and classical approach to education help students prepare for success at American universities while learning to understand natural existence from a biblical perspective.
• Tuition: $10,830.00
• Application Fee: $125.00
• Lunches, PE uniform (if applicable), music lessons, extracurricular activities are not included in tuition price. The student is responsible for all other expenses, including school supplies, clothing, entertainment, personal items, etc. Athletic participation and private music lesson fees are not included with tuition.
• All fees are to be paid in full prior to the beginning of the school year, or arranged for payment from a US bank account drafted through BCCA’s FACTS tuition management. Stipend payment to host families will be arranged and paid through sponsoring agencies.
- Schedule a live Skype or FaceTime interview. Interviews are conducted EST.
- “Application Process” link sent to student. Student fills out application and pays $125 application fee online.
- With the application the Family submits:
- Detailed transcripts from school translated into English including detailed content and number of contact hours.
- Family information form
- Copy of passport
- Acceptance Packet sent to parents
- Signed and notarized International Student Enrollment Contract
- First tuition payment
- BCCA completes the I-20 form and sends to the student
- Student or agent contacts the embassy in their country for interview.
- Upon receipt of F-1 visa, notify BCCA by email
- Immunization Record, Medical Power of Attorney (copy for host family; copy for BCCA)
- Health Insurance Card (proof of insurance)
- BCCA provides arrival information
- In addition to BCCA’s standard graduation requirements, international students are required to complete fundamental courses for Language and Bible.
- Students should apply with the reasonable intent to finish the complete high school course of study at BCCA.
- Students are expected to communicate solely in English at all times, whether on campus or off-campus, while enrolled at BCCA. Students classes are in English so they need to be able to communicate in English in order to succeed in the classroom.
- All international students who are not living in the US with a parent or legal guardian must apply through an agency recognized and approved by BCCA.
- Students living in the US with a parent or legal guardian must provide legally binding documentation of the arrangement to BCCA before enrollment.
- Students are not permitted to reside apart from a parent, legal guardian, or host family while enrolled at BCCA.
- Host Families will be sought and selected solely by BCCA, and will be families substantially connected to the BCCA community.
- Families wishing to host international students shall apply directly to BCCA.
- Host Families must provide accommodations as specified by BCCA.
- Host Families will receive a monthly stipend for the cost of hosting an international student.
- The amount of the stipend will be determined by BCCA.
- The stipend will be paid directly to the Host Family by the sponsoring Agency.
- Any necessary financial reporting, whether for tax purposes or any other purpose, is the sole responsibility of the Host Family. Required documentation will be provided by the sponsoring Agency.
- Host Families must agree to abide by all provisions of the Host Family Handbook.
Should you have any questions at any point in the admissions process,
do not hesitate to contact our school office.