Back Creek Christian prepares students to think logically, investigate thoroughly, write persuasively, and love God fully. BCCA includes Transitional Kindergarten-12th Grade.
LOWER SCHOOL (TK–5th Grade)
In our elementary classrooms, lives are transformed through prayer, worship, creativity, inquiry, and understanding. Our qualified and talented teachers foster the unique gifts and abilities God has given to each child, they also encourage students to engage in challenges.
The integration of faith and learning occurs in exciting ways as children study literature and reading, history, art, mathematics, the sciences, music, and technology. Critical thinking, creativity, study skills, organization, and character training are incorporated into our program using godly principles to direct the students.
Hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Faculty members are on duty each morning beginning at 7:30 a.m. to supervise students who arrive early. After-School Care (3:oo p.m. – 6 p.m.) is available at an additional charge.
Life in Lower School
- Kindergartners celebrate the 100th day of school with a party and fun projects
- Children participate in chapel with pledges, singing and worship
- Children learn from hands-on projects in many areas of study
- Children visit nursing homes and sing to residents
- Third graders have a Roman Festival complete with chariot races
- Third and fourth graders participate in serving Bright Blessings
- Lower school children are mentored by Upper School students
- Students have field trips throughout the year
- Fifth graders go to Charleston, SC for a few days of learning
- Children play everyday with their friends o the playground
- Classes earn parties through out the year for goals accomplished
- Every grade participates in our Grandparent/friend Day
2017–2018 TK-5th Grade Curriculum
Click on courses below for larger view.