Back Creek Christian
Back Creek Christian Academy strives to prepare students, faculty, parents and staff to use their unique gifts to serve God in an ever-changing world by providing an excellent academic education founded on the unchanging principles and perspectives of the Bible and presented in a structured and yet nurturing environment.
The vision of Back Creek Christian Academy is to equip students to display and defend Truth by teaching them using a classically designed curriculum that emphasizes the Lordship of Christ over both their hearts and their minds.
- We value the Word of God as an integral part of education.
- We value an education that challenges the mind of the learner.
- We value the uniqueness of children who are created in the image of God.
- We value service to God through both internal and external community concerns.
- We value creating a learning environment that optimizes spiritual, mental, and physical growth.
- We value community within the school environment that supports parents in the education of their children.
We at Back Creek Christian Academy believe:
1. Back Creek Christian Academy exists to spread the Gospel to children and families (Matthew 28; 18-20). We believe that children are God’s creation and that we must honor them and Him by teaching them according to God’s Word, and that all aspects of the instructional environment must be founded on the absolute truth of the Bible.
2. We believe that God’s character is revealed not only in His Word, but also in every facet of the creation. Therefore, we teach that all knowledge is interrelated and can instruct us about God himself.
3. God wants us to love Him with our minds, as well as with our hearts, souls and strength (Matthew 22:37). Therefore, we seek to individually challenge children at all levels and teach them how to learn, using a classical design that is developmentally appropriate.
4. We want to help parents teach their children that all they do should be done “heartily as unto the Lord” (Col. 3:23). Therefore, we seek to encourage high-quality academic work and maintain high standards of conduct with the understanding that as an authority we will “give account” on behalf of our students (Hebrews 13:17).
5. We believe that children should be trained to see the world from a biblical perspective. We believe that the school should partner with parents to assist students in developing personal values and intellectual scholasticism rooted in the absolute truth of God’s Word and to give them the opportunities to demonstrate these values in their interactions with others (Colossians 2:6-8; I Timothy 4:12).
Statement of Faith
We believe that every child is a unique and precious creation of our loving God. Each is made in His image. Every child is endowed with specific gifts and talents. It is our joyful duty to see that our children reach their full potential academically, as well as spiritually.
Back Creek Christian Academy is committed to providing an outstanding Christ-centered program which meets the spiritual, academic, physical, and emotional needs of our students. We believe that the primary focus of Christian Education is to Glorify God. Therefore, we must seek to achieve excellence in all that we do. The teachers accomplish this using a classical approach to instruction. This includes a mastery of the facts through songs, chants and rhythm, as well as development of critical thinking skills through debates, mock trials, Latin, and Logic. Teachers also incorporate hands-on activities, field experiences, and technology.
We believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and is, therefore, the only proper basis for our educational philosophy and is an indispensable part of every class and subject. Back Creek Christian Academy seeks to equip and develop students to effectively integrate Biblical Truth and learning into their daily lives and to instill in each child a life-long enthusiasm for learning.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students:
Back Creek Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the academy. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies and other school-administered programs.